First Snows Likely Over The Next Week Or Two

I am sorry folks i will be posting more as we get into the winter even more. But my post for today talks about the weather pattern over the next 10 days. It definitely looks like things will get more snowy or wintry over the next week and a half in the mid-atlantic and into the northeast.

Here is the official Snowfall index at weatheradvance.com I will update this on critical storm systems in the mid-Atlantic and northeast.

snow-index

The last few days there has been a storm on the forecast models that many people have been speaking about. Right now the storm looks over the past several days has shown that interior sections have the greatest risk of snow. Accumulating snows at that. This pattern has snows coming into the interior sections of the northeast. The big cities will experience some rain and it may end as snow. The darker the shade of color above the greater risk of accumulating snow. Its too early to  predict snowfall totals but right now i am saying snow in the interior sections is seeming more and more likely.

Dante' Brown-Royal

Dante' Brown-Royal

Hello, I am Dante' the CEO/President of Weather Advance. I most of the time specialize in Winter Weather and winter forecasting. I also am pretty decent in predicting severe weather and tracking hurricanes. Howevere usually that's not my forte. I will strive to always give you the most accurate updates possible, and information possible when it comes to the weather!

10 thoughts on “First Snows Likely Over The Next Week Or Two

• December 9, 2016 at 11:38 pm
    Question. What do you think of the potential of a storm on Saturday and Sunday next week? If you don’t mind me asking.
  • December 10, 2016 at 1:47 pm
    After next weekend, the models are forecasting a mild pattern for the rest of the month. So that means December will be mild month overall. I never like to jump over one model run and you must learn to hold that excitement. As I said that Southeast ridge will screw up as the pacific pattern is unfavorable once again with trough over Alaska being forecasted where there is omega ridge right now. This omega ridge needs to stay there to get cold air to reload and dump arctic air here.
  • December 10, 2016 at 5:10 pm
    I already understand that
  • December 10, 2016 at 5:13 pm
    What is your opinion on the Enso state now. Recently it had a large jump now a large decline if you can remember back in September it did the same thing do you think this would continue throughout the month and would that mean constant reposition of that southeastern ridge?
  • December 10, 2016 at 5:26 pm
    And I apologize for my over excitement. It’s just been a while since this amount of cold intrusions and snow shots have had the opportunity to exist.
  • December 11, 2016 at 1:09 am
    To answer your question, where do you live?
  • December 11, 2016 at 10:22 am
    Everywhere in the US getting snow frequently while we are In Atlanta so unlucky has to just dream about snow and it’s been 2 years past no snow at all!! You guys are so so lucky!!!
  • December 11, 2016 at 2:56 pm
    Berkshire county Pennsylvania
  • December 11, 2016 at 2:57 pm
    Berks.
  • December 11, 2016 at 7:53 pm
    @Snow lover, Since you are well north and west of Philly, you will get more snow and stay colder. South East ridge will be a battle for I-95 corridor seeing slop storms that cut west starting as snow changing to rain. So you are going to be at slightly above normal snowfall wise.